SODIRA's aggregates, due to their characteristics, are suitable for a large number of applications in construction, such as:
- Manufacture of mortars, structural or mass concrete and prefabricated elements, used in the construction of houses, bridges, shopping centres, tunnels, industrial buildings...
- Use in sub-bases and bases of roads, streets, car parks, forest tracks or park paths.
- Production of asphalt agglomerates for road or urban road surfaces.
- Used as gabions and rockfill blocks for civil works.
- For construction of drains and filters
- In base layers for riding arenas and gardens, or in turf substrates.
- For backfilling of support layers, pipe beds and trenches.
Animal feed - Feedingstuffs
All SODIRA products for animal feed are characterised by their consistent purity, particle size distribution and low moisture content.
- Provides adequate calcium rations as required.
- Allows the manufacturer to provide complete nutrient mixtures.
- Achieve higher quality in your products.
- It allows for a longer production period.
- Greater shell thickness, therefore greater shell weight.
- Lower percentage of broken eggs and shell eggs.
IN CATTLE AND PIGS
- Increased milk production.
- Increased weight in growing animals.
- Strengthens the bone structure of all types of animals.
- Prevents calcium deficiency diseases.
- It is increasingly used as bedding for cows, applying a layer of calcium carbonate, which makes the cows' bedding drier and therefore corrects the risk of mastitis to a very high degree.
SODIRA's calcium carbonate, due to its characteristics, is suitable for a wide range of applications in agriculture such as mushrooms, alcohol, fertilisers, neutralisation of acid soils and greenhouse shading.
- In the mushroom sector, as well as strawberries and cannabis, mushrooms are grown in very humid environments, which causes almost neutral pH, causing microbiological growth, hence the use of CaCO3 as a pH regulator. In addition, the addition of CaCO3 has the function of maintaining a microenvironment with the right humidity, temperature and CO2 conditions.
- In alcohol plants, calcium carbonate is added to obtain calcium tartrate from the acidification of wine waste.
- The calcium carbonate produced by SODIRA is particularly suitable for application in soils, given its granulometry, which, on the other hand, the finer it is, the more quickly the calcium and its properties will be usable. We also have a calcium carbonate in grain form which allows its benefits to be obtained over a long period of time. The addition is between 0.8 to 2.5 tm per Ha.
- In heavy clay soils, calcium carbonate has the task of releasing nutrients and achieving a basic soil.
- In wet soils, the addition of calcium carbonate flocculates colloids, causing them to agglomerate and improving their structure.
- In soils with an excess of aluminium, aluminium impairs phosphorus uptake and translocation. The addition of calcium carbonate corrects this deficiency.
The addition of calcium carbonate in the ceramics sector increases the mechanical and chemical resistance of the final product. SODIRA's calcium carbonate is characterised by its purity and whiteness, very low iron content, low humidity and very good workability.
- The use of calcium carbonate as an addition makes it possible to reduce energy consumption in the production of bricks with clays. This represents a significant contribution to the economic and ecological sustainability of brick production.
- Also, the addition of calcium carbonate can be a source of increased energy efficiency in the production of this material, while at the same time allowing an increase in the production capacity of the installations due to the reduction of the firing time.
In the glass industry, in addition to being essential for the supply of calcium, it is used as a stabiliser. It modifies viscosity and increases durability. The most significant characteristic is the low iron and moisture content, which improves the quality of the glass.
In the market of paints, coatings, adhesives, inks, calcium carbonate is one of the main additives.
- In powder paints, the addition of calcium carbonate makes it possible to obtain both matt and glossy finishes. This results in improved hiding, whiteness and stability properties. In addition to obtaining a higher covering power, it confers a high gloss. Our calcium carbonate is characterised by a low oil absorption, easy dispersion and resistance to external agents.
- The fineness and particle size distribution affect the opacity of the coatings. As well as an improvement in the surface treatment which makes its particles hydrophobic, increasing their compatibility and facilitating their dispersion.
Soap and detergent industry
Calcium carbonate is used as a mineral filler to achieve high moisture retention, improve the consistency and drying of the final mass, improve the appearance of soaps and control the final weight of the product. In addition, it does not alter the physical and chemical properties of soap products, nor the viscosity of the mixture.
Landscaping, masonry and decorative applications
SODIRA's natural and crushed products, in their different shades and sizes, are a common solution in masonry and for covering garden areas to be decorated, obtaining a long-lasting and practical result, with low water consumption and at the same time a significant saving in maintenance costs.